1. Failed to connect to my computer?
Please refer to the following steps for troubleshooting:
1. Make sure that the Remote Mouse desktop app is running rightly on your computer.
2. Your computer’s firewall or anyother anti-virus software is not blocking Remote Mouse.
3. The Wi-Fi option of your mobile device is turned on.
4. Your mobile device and computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi.
5. Try manually connecting by scanning QR code or entering computer’s IP address, which both can be found on the Remote Mouse desktop app.
6. If you have successfully connected to this computer before, you can also try to connect via “History”.
7. Some router settings may affect connection. You can go to Settings of your mobile device, find and click on the currently connected Wi-Fi, select “Forget this network” to reset the Wi-Fi, and then reconnect.
8. Try to reboot both of your router and mobile device.
9. If you are using server version 2.57 and have set up a connection password, make sure the Remote Mouse app on your mobile device is also update to date.
2. Unable to use after updating macOS?
Due to the updated system mechanism, you must grant access for Remote Mouse so that the app can work properly. Check this video or follow the below instructions to set up.
The first time that you use Remote Mouse under an updated version of MacOS, you will be prompted to grant access. Please choose “Open System Preferences” and add Remote Mouse to Accessibility.
If you did not operate correctly in the above step, MacOS will not prompt again, so please do it manually:
1. Click the Apple Logo icon in the upper left corner of your screen, and select “System Preferences”
2. Select “Security & Privacy”
3. Switch to “Privacy” and select “Accessibility”
4. Click the lock icon in the lower left corner and enter your Mac password to unlock it
5. Click the plus sign and add Remote Mouse to the whitelist
6. Click the lock icon again to prevent further changes (optional)
3. Failed to restore purchase?
1. Make sure that you have bought In-App purchase for Remote Mouse from the current Apple / Google ID you are currently logged in.
If you don’t know how to check your purchase history, please check the following links for help:
App Store: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204088
Google Play: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/2850369
2. Once you have confirmed that the In-App purchase was made from your current Apple / Google ID, you can purchase again, instead of using the “restore purchase” option. Apple / Google won’t charge twice for the same In-App purchases, and your previous purchases will be downloaded again.
4. Can I use Remote Mouse without Wi-Fi?
1. Remote Mouse supports Bluetooth connectivity now. Simply turn on Bluetooth on your computer. On the “Select a Computer” screen of the mobile app, you will find your computer with a Bluetooth sign. Click it to connect the device to the computer. There are certain hardware requirements for using Bluetooth connection. Click here to see if your device meets the requirements.
2. If you use a Mac with airport mode, click the Apple icon on the top left corner. Select “System Preferences” -> “Sharing” -> enable “Internet Sharing”. Your Mac will be transformed into a Wi-Fi hotspot. Then connect your mobile device to your Mac’s Wi-Fi.
3. If you use Windows 7, you can install Connectify which can transfer Windows 7 into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
5. Can I use Remote Mouse under 3G/4G Network?
Yes. Method 1. Open your mobile phone’s personal hotspot. Connect your computer to your mobile phone\’s hotspot. Remote Mouse will not consume your 3G data. But meanwhile, make sure there is no other data consumption activity on your computer.
Method 2. If your computer is connected to Internet via a router, you need to set your router’s Port Forwarding to TCP 1978 / UDP 1978, then visit whatismyipaddress on your computer to acquire the IP address. Open Remote Mouse on your mobile device, enter the IP address to connect.
If your computer is connected to Internet directly, please visit whatismyipaddress on your computer to acquire the IP address. Then open Remote Mouse on your mobile device, enter the IP address to connect.
6. What should I do if I encounter laggy?
1. If you are using Wi-fi connection, the following methods will help.
a) Keep your phone close to the Wi-fi router, preferably within the same room.
b)Use the 5 GHz band of the Wi-fi router (most routers now support 5 GHz band), because 2.4 GHz Wi-fi is easily interfered by various signals. Please note that the effective coverage of 5 GHz Wi-fi is smaller than 2.4 GHz, so ideally, your devices and router should be in the same room.
c) If your computer is connected to the router by Wi-fi, you can try to switch to wired.
d) If none of the above methods are effective or applicable, your can try to use Bluetooth connection.
2. If you are using Bluetooth connection and encountered laggy,
a) Keep your phone close to your computer.
b) Bluetooth devices near computer (such as wireless keyboard, mouse, etc.) may cause interference. Please turn them off if possible.
7. How to drag a window?
Place the mouse cursor on the title bar of a program window on your computer. Double tap, hold and move with one finger on your device. If you are using the iOS version, it also supports dragging with three fingers.
8. How to change the scrolling direction in a window?
Go to Settings of Remote Mouse, turn on/off “Scrolling Direction: Natural”.
9. How to disconnect with my computer?
On iPhone, exit the app or lock your screen will automatically disconnect. On Android devices, tap the “Back” button to disconnect.
10. I can’t type non-English characters correctly. (iOS)
Go to “Settings” on Remote Mouse, turn on “Keyboard buffer”. Text will no longer appear synchronously on the computer while typing on the phone. You need to press “Enter / Return” to send the text to the computer.
Make sure that the mouse cursor is placed in an input field on your computer. Otherwise the text you entered will not appear on your computer.
11. I can’t use Google Keyboard in non-English language. (Android)
Go to “Settings” on Remote Mouse, turn on “Predictive & Non-Alphabetic Input”. Then you can use Google Keyboard with word prediction in your preferred language.
Due to the latest mechanism of Google Keyboard, The word prediction function and non-English input methods can only be turned on or off at the same time, and this option is off by default. If such restriction is inconvenient for you, you can try to use a third-party keyboard instead.
12. My antivirus software detects virus?
The Remote Mouse desktop app requires certain permissions in order to communicate with the mobile app. Some anti-virus software may mistook it for virus behavior. Also make sure you are downloading Remote Mouse from the official channels to ensure its security.
13. Where to find my computer’s QR code?
Run Remote Mouse desktop app on your Mac / PC. Click the Remote Mouse icon on the taskbar (top right on Mac, bottom right on PC), and click “Show QR code”.
14. How to know my computer’s IP address?
Run Remote Mouse desktop app on your Mac / PC. Click the Remote Mouse icon on the taskbar (top right on Mac, bottom right on PC), and click “Show IP Address”.
15. How to protect my computer from being connected by other people?
Click the Remote Mouse icon on the taskbar (top right corner on Mac, bottom right corner on PC), click the “Settings” tab, set up a password for your computer, then click “Apply”.
16. How to reset / change connection password?
Click the Remote Mouse icon on the taskbar (top right corner on Mac, bottom right corner on PC), click the “Settings” tab, then click “Reset”.
Under the “Settings” tab, enter your new password directly in the text fields, click “OK” to change to a new password.
17. Is Remote Mouse compatible with Mac OSX 10.5 and 10.6?
We have stopped updating for Mac OSX below 10.7, but you can still click here to download the server compatible for Mac OSX 10.5 and 10.6 (32bit). Please note that some latest features are NOT supported in this version.
18. How to know if Remote Mouse is running on my computer?
The Remote Mouse desktop app works in the background, which does not have a common active window like other desktop apps. You will find the Remote Mouse icon on the computer taskbar if it is running.
19. I got an “Already Running” alert, but Remote Mouse is not running on my computer.
Normally this happens when the communication port (TCP 1978 / UDP 1978) is occupied, which will cause Remote Mouse to fail to start. If you have multiple user accounts logged in on your PC, please check if Remote Mouse is running under another account. If you do not have multiple user accounts, please check if another network software has used the same port.
20. How do I know when to update the Remote Mouse desktop app?
For Windows, the Remote Mouse desktop app will automatically check updates when starting up. Update reminder will be prompted if there is a new version available. You can also open the application window, go to “About” and click “Check for update”.
If you downloaded the server from the Mac App Store, it will show update reminder when a new version is available. Please note that the Mac App Store version only supports Mac OSX 10.7 or higher.
21. What communication port does Remote Mouse use?
TCP 1978 and UDP 1978.
If you have a question that’s not answered above, please email us at [email protected]